Wednesday 12 October 2011

Here we go!

So this is it, I'm making the switch to Paleo, at the recommendation of both my Crossfit Coaches and my pants collection.

I have to say, the first attempt at paleo grocery shopping was a daunting and depressing one.  We weren't 4 minutes in before the rethinking began. Luckily we found the nut aisle.  And beef.  Any diet that enables my beef addiction is ace in my books. If someone could find a way to work wine in as a required liquid, I'd be all over that too.  Mmmmm......I miss wine.  And cheese. And hazelnut creamer (nee sugary, powdery goodness).

Apparently this paleo nonsense is about getting back to the foods our bodies are meant to eat rather than the canned, boxed, sugar-infused garbage we've been subsisting on for the past few hundred years.  Goodbye cheese whiz and nutella, hello almonds and chicken.  This regime (not kosher to call it a diet it seems) is meant to make you feel and look like a million bucks. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment