Saturday 22 October 2011

If you're not doing two suppers - you're doing something wrong

Today, supper number one, awesome.  Double-coated coconut flour chicken tenderloins - conveniently prepared while I was in the shower, and some steamed broccoli = DELISH.  The boy did a bang up job.

And yet, I was starving.  I could probably have eaten ten of those tenderloins.  Twice.

I've done some more reading and I think I'm not eating enough, which is a revelation I'm pretty excited about seeing as I love to eat.  That love is why I'm on paleo in the first place after all.......  But I think my total system shut-down at Crossfit on Friday is attributable to a deficiency in calories vs what I'm outputting.

This week's mission - stuff the cakehole!  oh baby!  Starting with tonight.

Some background on today - both weather and the season have contributed to not a lot of work for this girl this entire month.  I've been driving myself crazy, I'm still not sure how the boy hasn't smothered me in my sleep. However, the figurative tides have turned, and I found a way to do some diving - albeit in a pool.  I'm getting so desperate to get my gills wet, I secretly contemplated hucking my gear on for a feisty bath.... Today's pool work meant I worked the entire day, which was good for my spirit, bad for my tummy.  I was STARVING.  Hence two suppers.

My new favorite thing - asking what's for supper, after we've eaten supper.  Try it.  It's amazing. Also, yam fries are totally paleo in my books. Sweet potato + fat (fried) = paleo yumminess in a way that has my tummy singing.

It's been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment