Wednesday 12 October 2011

okay, I think we're over the worst of it.......or so says Google

Alright, we've managed to make it through the first 2 weeks, though one of us is much more diligent than the other.  Though in the interest of true honesty, a plate of nachos may or may not have been inhaled (no.time.for.breathing.must.eat.cheese) the first weekend, but I felt justified in isolating the 'cheat' to one meal and not one day or 1 meal a day.  I'm doing good!

We tried a lot of new recipes, which is actually kind of fun.  Coconut and I are best friends now.  Mostly because I couldn't find almonds for the life of me on this occasionally-godforsaken island.  Also, hazelnutmilk has changed my life. I don't know who is responsible, but I may be naming my first two children Hazel and Nutmilk. Let's hope the second child is a boy.  or that I'm barren.  It would suck to go through life as Nutmilk.  Or even the snazzy nickname of Nuts. Sir Nutsalot? Nutty McNutmilk?  But I digress.

Almond milk is great, until you try hazelnut milk.  Also, soy is the devil - who knew? Friends off soy, friends off.

No comments:

Post a Comment